George Papageorgiou BSc, MSc, PhD Eng (Civil)
Partner and Director of Epoch Resources.
George has been involved in all aspects of mine residue disposal projects in South Africa and internationally and his experience ranges from pre feasibility through to detail design, construction supervision and ongoing monitoring of such facilities, stochastic water and salt balances, tailings dam seepage assessments, liquefaction and flow slide assessments, storm water management and design, due diligences and technical reviews.
In addition to the technical aspects of mine residue disposal facilities, George has been involved in Environmental Impact Assessments and Environmental Management Reports, providing input on aspects pertaining to mine residue disposal such as seepage assessments, environmental management measures, closure, hydrology, storm water management and overall mine water balances.
Areas of expertise include:
- Project Management of design team for mine residue disposal facilities and associated infrastructure, including water storage dams and stream diversions
- Design of mine residue disposal facilities, conventional through to paste disposal (pre feasibility to detailed design)
- Design of small and medium size water storage/effluent dams
- Construction supervision
- Stochastic water and salt balances
- Seepage and slope stability analyses
- Liquefaction assessments
- Storm water management/control and design measures
- Technical reviews and due diligences of mine residue disposal facilities
- Ongoing monitoring and inspections of mine residue facilities
- Unsaturated soils