Epoch Resources (Pty) Ltd is committed to safeguarding and preserving your rights to your Personal Information. We will always treat your Personal Information as strictly confidential.
“Personal Information” includes, but is not limited to, your name, email address, contact number, physical address, location, online identifier, biometric information and personal views and opinions.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Epoch Resources (Pty) Ltd will collect your information where we have a legitimate business interest; in order to perform our contractual duties; to comply with our legal duties; or where you have provided your consent.
When you request information about a particular service, sign up as a user of our Residue Management services, or otherwise contact us, we may collect information as your name, telephone number, email address, and location.
Epoch Resources (Pty) Ltd automatically collects information from you when you visit our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Epoch Resources (Pty) Ltd may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the Epoch Resources (Pty) Ltd website, including:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data, such as the features you used, the settings you selected, your URL click stream data, including date and time stamp and referring and exit pages, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on Residue Management services;
- For location-aware Residue Management services, the region, city or town where your device is located in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the Personal Information that we collect from and about you for one or more of the following purposes:
- When you have requested information about our Residue Management services, to respond to your request;
- To provide you with Residue Management services that you have contracted for;
- To market our Residue Management services to you;
- To improve our website functionality;
- To inform you of any changes to our Residue Management services
- For market research purposes;
- As otherwise required by law; and
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Epoch Resources (Pty) Ltd may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- Where you have consented to the sharing of your information for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Suppliers and Service Providers: Epoch Resources (Pty) Ltd uses third party suppliers and service providers who provide us with certain professional and technical support services, including but not limited to, assessors; surveyors, Health & Safety specialists, training providers and marketing consultancies.
- Sale or Transfer of Business Assets: we may share your Personal Information in a business transfer in the event that there is an acquisition or merger.
DATA RETENTION AND SECURITY MEASURES
We shall retain your Personal Information for the duration of our relationship with you. In some circumstances, we may retain your Personal Information on our systems for a longer period of time, the reason for this is to allow us to:
- Comply with record retention requirements as prescribed by law;
- Audit our business;
- Understand your business journey; and
- Respond to complaints regarding our Residue Management services
Epoch Resources (Pty) Ltd is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We employ what we believe is an adequate level of technical and organisational measures to ensure that your Personal Information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You have the right under applicable privacy and data protection laws, as may be applicable, to request free of charge:
- access to your personal information;
- rectification or erasure of your personal information;
- restriction of our processing of your personal information, or to object to our processing; and
- portability of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please submit your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
The Terms and Conditions and the User’s use of the Website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. The User irrevocably and unconditionally consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of South Africa in regard to all matters arising from these Terms and Conditions or the User’s use of the Websites.